Euro Truck Simulator 2 Update 1.35 Open Beta released
Author: admin | 15-05-2019, 01:06 | Views: 3 520 | Comments: 0
There's hardly a single part of our game that hasn't received a new addition or feature in this update, so let's go through them, starting with map developments.
Sardinia is one of two big map additions that 1.35 brings. Most of those who helped us by entering the Experimental Beta were thrilled with how much our map designers were able to squeeze into such a small island. Sardinia is, however, the second biggest island of the Mediterranean, so there's enough room for impressive landscapes and coastal roads.
Another huge region that has received a massive overhaul comes as part of our Germany refresh. There are over 2,000 in-game kilometres of new and reconstructed roads, two completely new highways, updated service stations, new landmarks and much more - see our dedicated article!
Furthermore, we have added two more roads in France (one in the base game and one in the Vive La France map expansion), an improved sign system in Scandinavia and a number of Special Transport jobs all over the map, including regions within Beyond the Baltic Sea!
- St. Petersburg to St. Petersburg (Beyond the Baltic Sea)
- Pori to Helsinki (Beyond the Baltic Sea)
- Toulouse to Montpellier (Viva la France!)
- Verona to Parma (Italia)
- Odense to Hirtshals (Scandinavia)
- Krakow to Banska Bystrica (Going East!)
As in American Truck Simulator, new features include trailer adjustments (extendable trailers, sliding tandems), new wiper settings and the option to copy truck/trailer configurations. And to please "Long Vehicle" sign lovers, double trailers are now permitted in the Netherlands and Germany!
Other new general features include the ability to use your own trailers for external contracts (World of Trucks jobs), and the experimental support for DX11. Keep in mind, that while there are discussions about the performance benefits of DX11, it remains an experimental feature. The ambition is currently simply to reach feature/visual parity with DirectX 9 and OpenGL renderers before we can move on with new visual features. It is still a work in progress; so while we are grateful for your feedback, use it only at your own risk.
Other smaller improvements include some of your suggestions on our forum's community wishlist. There's a considerable number of new drivers that you can hire for your company, a localised dual-language map display and the option to buy garages online, without the need to have the city discovered.
Last but not least, there's now a reworked cabin suspension, official support for Razer Chroma and the Tobii Eye Tracker 4C, input improvements and an option for emergency refuelling. Thanks to all this, the UI had to change significantly; but according to the feedback from Experimental Beta, you shouldn't have any problems to orient yourselves quickly again.
So enjoy all the new additions, but please remember: It's only an open beta, not a stable public version - so you may encounter bugs, instability, kinks or crashes. It's completely okay if you want to wait for the final release. But if you're interested in helping us to get there faster, we'll appreciate all your feedback on our forum and your bug reports in this section.
If you wish to participate in the open beta, you can find this version in the public_beta branch on Steam. The way to access it is as follows: Steam client → LIBRARY → right click on Euro Truck Simulator 2 → Properties → Betas tab → public_beta → 1.35 public beta. No password is required.
- Ownable container trailers
- Regular owned-trailer accessory browser
- Trailer run-time adjustment (extendable trailers, sliding tandems)
- Truck/trailer configurations can be copied across a fleet
- Wiper setting improvements
- Ownable logging trailers
- Double trailers in Germany and Netherlands
- Krone extendable Box Liner for 40ft or 2x20ft containers (Krone DLC)
- Ownable Schwarzmüller reefer, curtain and log trailers including AI variants (Schwarzmüller DLC)
- Owned trailers usable in External contracts (WoTR)
- Online garage purchase
- Emergency refuelling service
- Input improvements (Steam controller support, Tobii eye tracker support, controller hot-swapping support, better force-feedback on Linux)
- Razer Chroma support (RGB)
- New options: truck stability, suspension stiffness, dual-localisation names on the map
- Lots of new drivers to hire
- Cabin suspension reworked
- Experimental DX11 support (config only, r_device "dx11")
- Modded trucks support (in-game function)
- Center-of-gravity moved from trailer defs to trailer chassis defs (for easier modding)
- New wiper delay+speed format
- Removed default sound for trailer legs (now empty by default)
- Cargo models randomized (e.g. container)
- Timezone areas (introduced in 1.34)
- Transmission mode names
- Curve item (map item)
- Mover/walker redesign
- Traffic improvements
- Dynamic Level-of-Detail for models
- Plymouth to Dover (base game)
Add Comment (0)