Download Patch 1.4.1 for Euro Truck Simulator 2
Finally, after a long testing process, we are ready to release Euro Truck Simulator 2 patch to version 1.4. We thank you for your patience and for sticking with us through the development process all this time.
Download patch when you feel ready right here
Here is the condensed list of changes for this update:
- All new truck Iveco Stralis Hi-Way with tuning upgrades
- Volvo: Fixed position of lights on the front grill, animations fixes, dashboard fixes, added oil indicator
- DAF: fixed speed gauge display in UK trucks, fixed exhaust
- Majestic: Fixed disappearing of the doorsteps
- Renault: Fixed blinkers
- Man: Fixed material issues
- Fixed wrong lod on flat bed trailer
- Overweight trailer: Fixed position of wheel and mudguards
- Cistern trailer: Fixed position of wheel and mudguards
- Log trailer: Added front white lights
- Fix shadow casters for some upgrades
- AI cars: the lamps are visible from greater distance at night
- Fixed shader issues with auxilary lights for all trucks
- Reworked force feedback feature
- Engine torque simulation improvements. Idle throttle and clutch changes.
- Many new physical properties added to the simulation model. All dashboard gauges are simulation based now
- There is config variable in console "g_pedal_clutch_range", that can tweak clutch pedal active area length. Range is 0.1 to 1.0 (default value is 1.0)
- Fuel consumption during engine idle fixed
- Vehicle telemetry information is available to third-party applications using a first version of ETS2 Telemetry SDK. Pilot testing with kind help of www.fanaleds.com
- The speed limiter can be now disabled in Options screen.
- Redesigned Job Market's job listing to be able scroll through all jobs
- Added Advisor warning messages related to retarder, parking brake and air pressure warnings are not shown when gear is set to neutral.
- Added new optional control scheme where steering, accelerator and brakes can all be controlled by mouse
- Ferry route length displayed in the job selection.
- Loan installments are properly rounded up and displayed, improved timing of loan payments
- Upgrade shop does not automatically discard everything with change of cabin/chassis. Only non-compatible accessories are removed
- There is config variable in console "g_income_factor", that can lower job income of you and your drivers for more challenge. Range is 0.0 to 1.0 (default value is 1.0)
- World map can be closed by same key that opens it (default key M)
- Fixed navigation lines on UK variant roundabout
- Hundreds map fixes, tweaking and prettyfications
- A2 highway completed (as in real life 2 lane highway) including tollgates
- New road leading south from Szczecin in Poland
- Fix - added some no-weather areas placed under some bridges to avoid rain appearing there
- Wrongly set border between France and Belgium fixed
- Grass, terrains and rocks intersecting walls of some tunnels fixed
- Tons of other minor map fixes
- Prefabs tweaking (improved AI flow somewhat, major AI rewrite is coming later)
- Less steep quarry prefab to lessen weaker engine trucks having problems when going uphill
- New small tollgates in Poland on A2 road
- Fixed animations of various pedestrians
- Asynchronous loading smoothes speed of resource loading, reducing overall lag and "spikes" for more even framerate
- It is possible to skip the intro animation using a -nointro parameter
- Fixed garage name in player truck relocation UI
- Rain probability in both corner values ensures infinite weather duration
- Weather can change after time fast forward
- The save slot selection is shown after profile selection if there was problem with automatic load
- There is config variable in console "s_rumble_enabled", that can enable/disable sound of rumble stripes on the roads
- Increased range of non-linearity slider in controller option screen
- Fix potential crash related to recent Nvidia Optimus drivers changes
- Added more job-start autosaves
- Improved robustness to mod removals
- Improved behavior of input wizard
- Improved efficiency of memory pool usage
- Renamed game.log and game.crash files to game.log.txt and game.crash.txt
- Improved behavior of non-widescreen resolutions while driving
- Experimental support for triple-monitors. Controlled by r_multimon_mode cvar (0-disabled, 1-wide fov with ui on central monitor, 2 - three separate views). In the three-view mode it is possible to compensate for bezels using r_multimon_border_fov_* cvars
- The game will reset jobs whenever it detects certain changes in data
- Added Georgian language to the game
- Money sound played only on important events
- Air brake sound fixed
- Game will pause when Steam overlay appears
- Steam notifications are positioned on the opposite side of the screen than Route Advisor
- New sector based map format which supports simultaneous modifications by more than one user and local extensions as long they operate in separate sectors.
- Many definition lists (e.g. types of AI trucks) can be now simultaneously extended by more than one mod.
- As result of multiple changes it is now possible to have more than one reverse speed in modded trucks.
More detailed mod-related guides can be found at the eurotrucksimulator2.com modding section
For the brave and curious readers among you, here is the raw changelog of notable changes for past several months.