Download ETS 2 Update 1.9.22
The highly anticipated AI update (and also the largest update so far) for Euro Truck Simulator 2 has just been released for everyone.
It took us a while, but it's finally here! We want to say thanks for amazing support of everyone who has helped us with beta testing and reporting remaining problems with this patch. We have been through a very rigorous public feedback loop - and over 20 intermittent beta builds! It has taken us longer than we anticipated to finalize the game update, but as a bonus we have managed to work around critical compatibility problems with several popular mod packages.
As mentioned in the previous blog post, this update doesn't include only AI changes, but also other improvements.
- Brand new traffic AI system;
- Oculus Rift support (with the -oculus launch option - this will be improved in the future), now also in the retail version;
- Early support for gamepad-controlled mouse cursor;
- Improved handling of automatic gearbox (more gears, interaction with cruise control);
- Improved compatibility with semi-broken prefabs used in mods;
- Improved error handling in radio playback;
- Updated defaults for the Xbox 360 controller in the input wizard to provide a better initial experience.
- Scania Streamline improvements (model, textures, paint jobs, new parts and accessories) - you may need visit truck dealer and re-purchase some parts;
- Volvo FH16 improvements (interior, wipers, shadows);
- Iveco Hi-way improvements (dashboard computer, shadows);
- Paintjobs are properly applied on add-ons in interior views;
- Map improvements.
- V8 engine sounds for Scania R and Scania Streamline.
Steam version will be updated automatically, retail patch can be found on the update page. We expect high amount of people trying to download this update and we are fairly sure our server won't handle it, so consider activating your key on Steam and downloading it much faster from Steam servers.
If you want to make a mod for ETS2 or if your existing mod doesn't work in 1.9, please read 1.9 modding changes.
If you are using mods and some of them don't work, please be patient. ProMods with support for 1.9 will be released today (thanks guys for your bug reports for 1.9!), other map and physics mods (this includes weather mods etc. which can change physics values) may not work correctly.
DOWNLOAD 663 MB from old version [sharemods] DOWNLOAD 663 MB from old version [uploadfile] DOWNLOAD 180 MB from 22.214.171.124 version [sharemods] DOWNLOAD 180 MB from 126.96.36.199 version [uploadfile]
Fast download links
- Patch from any older version to 1.9.22 - GamersHell
- Patch from any older version to 1.9.22 - Patches-Scrolls
- Patch from any older version to 188.8.131.52 - SpeedManiacs