Today, we'd like to provide you with a quite detailed look at a project that has been underway
for well over a year - our upcoming Special Transport DLC for Euro Truck Simulator 2.
We have hinted at its existence in last year's New Year Wishes video, at that point we actually thought
that we would be ready to release it in only a few months. Obviously, the project needed more time to mature.
So we kept on working; you may have noticed that a few months ago a screenshot was revealed
in a report from Gamescom 2017 private presentation. Recently several curious visitors
were allowed to try it at Warsaw Games Week 2017 and then we've allowed local TV to come to try and record it as a little teaser.
Ultimately, a cross-disciplinary team has poured an incredible amount of time into this project,
and today we are finally revealing it in full glory.
But first, a photo...
Some time ago, a couple of our colleagues were invited to become a part of a convoy for oversized
transport of a huge metal tank to the city of Mělník, Czech Republic. This rare two-day experience had one goal - to gather
as much data and info as possible about the whole transport and how things like this are done. Why?
Because we know that our community is obsessed with realism and authenticity, you guys are always pushing us to
make things more real, and want to avoid making naive mistakes. A lot our fans are very vocal about getting something
new and more challenging to test your skills. We felt that it's time to try and satisfy some of this hunger!
A lot of time has passed, and now as you can see in the video below, we are testing one of these Special Transport jobs
on our motion seat in the office. What's going on there? It's quite big, right? And what are those cars with flashing beacons?
Are they perhaps escort vehicles?
Yes, they are. Yes, the cargo is big, it's huge. And yes, the escort vehicles can affect the traffic. There will be two of these, one escorting the player in front of him/her and one in the back. Their purpose is clear, to assist the driver to get the cargo from the start to the finish line of each special transport job. But that's not all.
Let's review what this DLC is all аbout:
- 11 New Special Cargoes (up to 70 tons, 6 m width, 5+ m height and 20+ m length)
- 4 New Trailers
- 17 Unique Routes with the Special Transport Jobs (12 Base Map, 2 Scandinavia, 2 Going East!, 1 Vive la France !).
This list will grow over time.
- A combination of over 80 Special Transport Jobs
- Escort Vehicles with a custom AI like clearing the path, stopping traffic, giving advice, pushing opposing vehicles to the side etc.
- Special intros and cutscenes related to the cargoes, missions or places along the routes
- New Models, characters, and animations of people around the scene
- Pedestrians, journalists or transport co-workers along the routes recognizing day, night or bad weather
- Possibility to Fail the "Mission" if you do not adhere to strict regulations
- New Checkpoints System to keep your progress in a special transport job safe
- New Warning Beacons Animations
- New Achievements
- Higher XP and Money Profit for successful completion of this type of jobs
There is more, but we think that's enough for now. Better do some preparing, because this is going to
be the biggest challenge for you and your mighty diesel beast so far!
We are not yet ready to promise a particular release date, but the wait should not be too long anymore.
We are super busy finalizing, bug-testing, and releasing a lot of stuff that we want to get into your hands
before the end of the year, but we hope that you will have a chance to deliver Special Cargo
in Euro Truck Simulator 2 still this side of Christmas.