ETS2 mods | Euro Truck Simulator 2 | Truck mods » Other mods ETS 2 » Ai Traffic » Real Traffic Density 1.36.a by Cip
Real Traffic Density 1.36.a by Cip
Author: admin | 24-10-2019, 07:51 | Views: 130 | Comments: 0
Description about Real Traffic Density 1.36.a by Cip
Download mod Real Traffic Density 1.36.a by Cip for ETS2 | Euro Truck Simulator 2 game.
First of all, why a traffic density mod is necessary?
SCS gave to us a great traffic system, however the default spawn values are very basic with very low density and minor differences day/night or type of roads. You can see in the chart below a comparison between SCS traffic and my traffic. if you are a real fan of Ai traffic, you may have heard about g_traffic, well this very basic parameter is only for fun, increasing this will multiply all numbers and mostly where is not necessary (at night time, local roads, crossroads). with g_traffic the ratio cars vs trucks vs other types is drastically affected, with g_traffic 10 for example you can see 10 police cars in the same time.
About Real Traffic Density:
- it was designed to create a realistic traffic density taking advantages from the latest traffic system implemented by SCS starting in game version 1.30
- with this mod, ETS2 receives a personalized density and ratio set at default g_traffic 1. it takes into account all game features from 1.30: spawn and ratio by daytime, type of roads, city size, density and ratio being set according to the game time scale
- thanks to SCS I was now able to set for example more cars and buses in cities and more trucks on freeways, or more cars at rush hours
- the semaphore profile includes increased green duration at large city roads, also more green time at road works semaphores and globally 3 seconds on yellow instead of 2 (from green to red)
- since traffic is much more dense, more car colors were needed to avoid having the same few SCS colors. to modify the existent colors check this topic viewtopic.php?f=177&t=246123 (if you use my sounds packs all Ai cars have own real colors)
Compatibility and how to use:
-most important rule: never increase g_traffic value! keep always g_traffic 1 when using this mod!!!
-place my mod above any map mods and other mods that may affect density
-not compatible with Standalone Hungary map (use the basic density of existent addons
-optional addon for ProMods which brings the mod's density on ProMods type of roads and take into account the ProMods road_look changes
-adaptation for ETS2 1.36 beta
-added back some rules in traffic_data
New changelog v.1.34.a:
-added few safety rules to reduce accidents
-tweaked spawn numbers of sport and classic cars
(works only if you applied the title modification above in the sport and classic car packs)
Known issues not related to my mod:
1. Game can crash if a lot or traffic packs are used in combination with traffic density mods in general. as soon as you add more packs, you will notices a quick increase of RAM usage until game reach a certain limit and will inevitably crash with the following error
Failed to assign pool segment (models) for incoming allocation of size
the solution for this was kindly offered by SCS with launch option codes which increases the pool size and the number of buffers in launch options
I successfully use these values with GTX 1060, I7 4770 3.4 Ghz and 16 Gb RAM Code: Select all
-mm_pool_size 4000 -mm_max_resource_size 50 -mm_max_tmp_buffers_size 1000
for lower PC configuration you need to decrease these values (don't increase them if you have a more powerful PC) please read more here
2. other traffic minor issues
-in some crossroads traffic rules might not be respected (prefabs issues)
-Ai merging on motorways might hang long time (prefabs issues)
-Ai cannot spawn in some places so you may find places where traffic is present only in one direction (scs issue, they work on it)
-Accidents on the roads that you never see happening (scs issue with multiple Ai spawning in identic locations)
-Ai can still fail in overtaking another Ai or the player (scs weak codes for timing and acceleration of Ai when overtaking)
- Slow downs or even stops on the roads, especially around gas stations
How can you improve traffic in your game:
-for better traffic diversity you may consider using additional traffic packs
-you can use motorcycles, classic and sport cars from existent packs as separate types of vehicles! this has been implemented in my sound packs, if you use them you don't need to change anything. without traffic sounds you could rename in each pack you use the def/vehicle/sii file name as following:
important: what's in green must be exactly as it is, any other modification will make the list unavailable. the yellow part is optional, necessary if you add vehicles from several packs, if you do this be sure you don't
have a name conflict
note that adding these as separate vehicles, it will slightly increase traffic density and the overall balance of cars vs trucks.
P.S. My mods are and will always be for free, however if you appreciate my efforts and want to offer me a beer, I thank you in advance! here is my PayPal account:
Tested on game version 1.36.x
real_traffic_density_and_ratio_1_36.zip [78.72 Kb] (downloads: 4)
Add comment to this mod
Did u tried this mod? We offer you to share your feedback from what you tested! Your review will be useful to viewers who are just about to download and to try this new mod.